- aking a look back at seven days of news and headlines across the world of Android, this week’s Android Circuit includes the new Xiaomi 11T and 11T Pro smartphones, the latest Galaxy S22 leaks, Google reveals Pixel 6 in public, Realme and the chip shortage, leaked Surface Duo 2 specs, more Nokia Bond-age, and Razer’s exciting gaming accessory.
- Android Circuit is here to remind you of a few of the many things that have happened around Android in the last week (and you can find the weekly Apple news digest here).
- Xiaomi Launches New Cinematic focused Handsets
- This week saw Xiaomi launch the new Xiaomi 11T and Xiaomi 11T Pro, as well as refreshing the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE. One other change of note is that this is the Xiaomi 11T, not the Mi11T. As announced earlier in the year, Xiaomi is streamlining its branding. The new handsets lean heavily into imaging, with the 11T Pro sporting computational processing for new filters, modes, and handing large amounts of video footage. From the press release:
- "Not only does Xiaomi 11T Pro pack a lot of performance punch, but it also features a powerful triple camera set up with a pro-grade 108MP wide angle, 2x telemacro, and a 120° ultra-wide angle lens. On top of that, the smartphone boasts impressive computational filmography capabilities with one- click AI Cinema modes, 8K recording and HDR10+, allowing users to capture footage with the same smart ISO technology found in digital cameras."
- One of the biggest advantages is the fast charging battery, with the 5000 man battery going from empty to 100 percent in seventeen minutes. And while the 11T Pro shares the numbering with the Mi1, this is not just a small spec upgrade:
- "The 11T Pro is an entirely different phone to the Mi 11 flagship released earlier this year. It has a different, boxier design with a plastic back, though the specs are similar — there’s still a Snapdragon 888 processor and a 108-megapixel camera. The screen is a 6.67-inch 120Hz 1080p OLED panel with no curves on the side, unlike t