- People use search engines to find what they are searching for on the internet. They also provide a great chance for company owners to generate relevant website traffic.
- Consumers may doubt their credibility as a company if they do not have a website. Having a website with the help of a [NJ small business web design company](https://landauconsulting.com/web-services/) allows brands to create a fantastic first impression. It also reassures customers of the legitimacy of a business.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) helps a website rank higher on a search engine results page (SERP). The goal is to rank on the top page of Google results for important search phrases to the target audiences. [SEO NJ](https://landauconsulting.com/seo-internet-marketing/) involves knowing the market's desires and needs and the technical aspects of setting up the website. Effective SEO techniques allow the company to establish a long-term competitive advantage, moving it far ahead of the competition.
- Any company may use SEO strategies to target a local audience or a prospective national customer base. Local SEO improves the website's online presence to attract the most traffic from a particular geographic location. In comparison, national SEO is used to target clients nationally or worldwide.
- Both methods of SEO follow the same principles to rank better on search engines and get the most traffic. Specific methods, such as link-building or content marketing, may be used for both approaches.
- But they also vary in many ways. Local SEO focuses on optimizing Google Business Profile or GBP listings. It also includes tactics for assisting a website in obtaining local backlinks and favorable ratings.
- Local SEO also focuses on adding local search terms to the website's content. Meanwhile, national SEO focuses on increasing the authority of a website by obtaining backlinks from other related websites. These websites may or may not be from the same location.
- The technologies utilized to locate local and national keywords may also vary. While searching for appropriate keywords, local SEO specialists may use Google Maps and local directories in addition to traditional keyword research tools.
- Continue reading the [infographic](https://landauconsulting.com/what-is-local-seo/) below from Landau Consulting to learn more about local SEO.
- ![Image description](https://landauconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/What-is-Local-SEO-01.png)
What is Local SEO?By LandauConsulting on 16th March 2023 11:02:45 AM